Procedure on Substance and Alcohol Abuse
BCW Training Ltd is aware that substances and alcohol could affect the training environment. Where it appears that a person is under the influence of a substance or alcohol, action will be taken to ensure health, safety and welfare of others in the workplace. Substance and alcohol abuse will not be tolerated in the workplace.
- If a person appears to 2 members of staff to be under the influence of a substance or alcohol then she/he will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- If the person refuses to leave the premises or there is any other risk of danger, the police will be called immediately.
- If a person informs BCW Training Ltd of a substance or alcohol problem, then we will assist him/her in finding professional help.
- If a person does not inform BCW Training Ltd of a substance or alcohol problem, resulting behaviour cannot be tolerated.
- Misconduct under the influence will be dealt with through the disciplinary procedures.